Universal Document Control
Although document control is an aged-old profession and is widely implemented in various activity sectorsmost have difficulty defining it effectively. As digital solutions have advanced so have the capabilities and processes needed to ensure proper document security, analysis, control, and digital storage.
Contrary to common belief, a document does not have to exist in the form of paper or any other hard copy format.
Regardless of the media and/or digital solution your documents are the mechanism used to communicate all requirements and information within an organization.
Requirements or information, once captured as a document are subject to the information and document management rules and processes of the organization.
All product related requirements, from the Application Requirements level down, must be properly documented. All administrative requirements, from the Business Regulations level down, must be properly documented.
The types of documents related to products will vary from organization to organization. Several factors will influence the types of documents required such as type of end deliverable, type of industry, applicable regulatory agency, etc.
- Documents that are product related go beyond the documentation generated by the design and engineering groups of an organization.
- The build, assembly or production activities within an organization will generate their own product related documents to support their needs.
- Those involved in the utilization, maintenance or support of the operational product will also create the documentation they need.
- There may be instances where the formal removal from service activities will require the creation of additional documentation.
Regardless of the source of the document creation, all product related documents must be managed through a standard Document Control process.
Locations and Options
Our staff and partner network span the globe. Our instructors enrich our mission with decades of real-world experience in both the public and private sectors.
Starting in 2020, we will offer three options for taking our courses:
- Attend courses at a public site, available year-round at locations across the globe.
- Take the courses online, and get instant exposure to industry best practices.
- Have the courses brought on-site with tailored discussions on issues facing your company.
Contact us today for more information or to schedule an onsite session.
Telephone: (720) 627-5114