Beyond Engineering: The Role of Everyone in Configuration Management
Ray Wozny & Brandy Taylor, IpXListen
In this week’s IpX True North Podcast episode, IpX's own Ray Wozny, CEO, and Brandy Taylor, VP of Services, go beyond engineering to discuss everyone’s role in enterprise change and configuration management.
- The common, somewhat confusing definition for traditional configuration management (CM)
- Ray dives into the evolution and transformation of CM from a subset within the company to an integrated part of an organization
- Foundation of a robust digital thread
- The down flow of configuration management across organizational functions
- Understanding how complex a simple change can be and how a central change process can improve it
- Everyone is responsible for quality
- Focus on repeatability and accuracy of processes
- How CM applies to all functions including Marketing, HR, and Shipping, and those processes affect other functions.
- The function or domain that suffers the most from not being as integrated intentionally into the process
- Recommendations on how individuals can start to change the culture of their organizations
Connect with IpX to hear more industry thought leaders. Learn how IpX can help you create your company’s DNA and how our True North service model empowers your organization to bring the most innovative products to market with true sustainability and scalability through our process experts.